New Member Application
ADA 25 Advancing Leadership is seeking new Members to join the Members Network. Apply today to join as a new Member!
Applications are now OPEN!
For questions regarding this opportunity, contact Risa Jaz Rifkind, firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-994-4215.For questions regarding technical issues when submitting your application, contact email@example.com.
Lead With Power and Influence
Are you ready to lead with power and influence by serving on a nonprofit board, public board, or making change at your company, but just need a platform to move your leadership plans forward? Join ADA 25 Advancing Leadership to access exclusive leadership opportunities and an empowering network of leaders. Members are positive disrupters who are leading with their disability identity shaping a more inclusive, just, and equitable society.
New Member Benefits
Being part of the Members Network gives you access to:
- A network of over 140 leaders with disabilities who are supporting each other’s leadership plans to lead at tables of power and influence
- Networking events throughout the year
- Mentors for civic engagement, leadership development, disability rights advocacy, and more
- Opportunities to expand participation in civic engagement in the nonprofit and public sectors
- Training sessions/materials on disability rights and civic engagement
- Speaking opportunities on panels, facilitation, media interviews, etc.
- Scholarships to relevant conferences or trainings
You may apply to be a Member if you:
- Identify as a person with a disability
- Have a passion for civic engagement & some demonstrated experience
- Have at least 10 years of leadership experience (professional or volunteer)
- Live in the seven-county Chicago region
- Are familiar with (or willing to learn about) disability identity
Expectations of New Members
Attend the following events in downtown Chicago:
- Advancing Leadership Half-Day Symposium: Friday, Sept. 25
- Advancing Leadership Year-End Event: December 2020
- Participate in additional Member Program events that will be added throughout the year
- Commit to any new leadership position’s specific requirements
How To Apply
1. Submit your application by June 5, 2020. 2. Selected applicants will be invited for a short interview. 3. Join the Members Network!
There is no cost to apply to Advancing Leadership. Events and program offerings will have nominal costs for participation.
Only completed applications will be considered; a completed application includes one nomination form.
To complete the application:
1. Start your application here: APPLICATION LINK
2. You can save and continue as you work, and we encourage applicants to save work as a separate document. If the information is lost due to technical issues and we are unable to retrieve an application, you will have a saved document.
3. Identify your nominator. Once you identify your nominator in the application, an automatic email will be sent to them. One nominator is required for consideration. They must be from a professional context, either an employer or supervisor. Completed Nominator forms must be received by the deadline.
4. Complete part one and two including the short answer questions and uploading your resume. You may preview the questions here: New Member Application Download
5. Be sure to click submit to finish the application.
6. Once both steps (application and nomination) are completed, you will receive an email from staff notifying you that your application is complete. The email will include details regarding next steps if applicable.
Alternate formats are available upon request. Contact Risa Jaz Rifkind to request alternate formats, firstname.lastname@example.org or 312 994 4215.